Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT), a rapidly growing public higher education institution in Macao devoted entirely to education and training for the tourism and hospitality industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching posts. Subjects to be taught in English and/or Chinese. Successful candidates are required to teach in both the daytime and evening degree programmes.
Lecturer in Hotel Management (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 008/AC/2019 Application closed
should be able to teach and develop specific subjects such as Hotel Operations, Lodging Management, Food and Beverage Cost Control, Wine Studies.
Lecturer in English (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 009/AC/2019 Application closed
should be able to teach and develop materials for English for Academic Purposes, English for Specific Purposes and Communication Skills from intermediate level to advanced level.
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations as well as teach and develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic unit, please visit www.ift.edu.mo.
Must have at least a Master’s degree in the relevant area
Candidates who do not meet the requirement above, or who do not have supporting documents (including graduation certificates, testimonials, transcripts or other official forms of evidence for the requirement) need not apply for the vacancies.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
|MOP529,760 – MOP665,280 (salary index: 430 – 540)
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx.USD1 = MOP8.
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of the Director of Tourism College, the relevant coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Please apply online below and submit the following required documents in PDF format:
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded, transcripts, testimonials or other official forms of evidence for the academic qualifications required as above
- Service certificates, testimonials or other forms of evidence issued by current/previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations (with exact start dates and end dates) for the current/past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences (Sample here)
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- List of academic journals or articles published (if available) with ISBN
Applications will not be considered if the required qualifications and teaching experiences are not supported by certificates, testimonials and/or verifiable evidence or no identity card or passport copies are provided.
Apply online here for Lecturer in Hotel Management (Ref. No. 008/AC/2019)
Apply online here for Lecturer in English (Ref. No. 009/AC/2019)
Application closes on 15 May 2019
- The selected candidates are expected to assume duty in fourth-quarter of 2019 or earlier.
- Final result name list will be announced on IFT website around third-quarter of 2019 or earlier.
- Please note that ALL application materials must be received by the closing date (Macao time). Application received by IFT after the closing date will only be included in the next round of recruitment, if applicable.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
For general enquires, please contact us via On-line enquiry.