Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT), a rapidly growing public higher education institution in Macao devoted entirely to education and training for the tourism and hospitality industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching posts. Subjects to be taught in English and/or Chinese. Successful candidates are required to teach in both the daytime and evening programmes.
School of Hospitality Management / School of Tourism Management
Assistant Professor in Culinary (2 vacancies) – Ref. No. 016/AC/2019 Application closed
should be able to teach/develop theory and practical classes such as Food Preparation courses, Food Safety, Menu and Recipe Development, Kitchen Management, and Kitchen and Restaurant Design among others.
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations, and teach/develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic unit, please visit www.ift.edu.mo
(1) at least a Master's degree in the relevant area and
(2) at least 4 years of full-time teaching experience as Lecturer
Candidates who do not meet the listed requirements above, or who do not upload supporting documents together with their applications (including graduation certificates, transcripts, service testimonials indicating positions and complete service durations with exact start dates and end dates issued by current/previous employers for the requirements) need not apply for the vacancies.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
| MOP665,280 - MOP936,320 (salary index: 540 - 760)
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx.USD1 = MOP8.
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications, higher education teaching and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of the relevant head of academic department, coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Apply online HERE and submit the following required documents in PDF format:
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded, transcripts, testimonials for the academic qualifications required as above
- Service certificates or testimonials issued by current/previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations (with exact start dates and end dates) for the current/past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- List of academic journals or articles published (if available) with ISBN
Applications will not be considered if the required qualifications and teaching experiences are not supported by certificates, testimonials and/or documents listed above or no identity card or passport copies are provided at the time of submission of application.
Application closes on 30 October 2019
- The selected candidates are expected to assume duty in 2020.
- Final result name list will be announced on IFT website around fourth-quarter of 2019 or earlier.
- Please note that ALL application materials must be received by the closing date (Macao time). Application received by IFT after the closing date will only be included in the next round of recruitment, if applicable.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only
For general enquires, please contact us via On-line enquiry.